Gablecraft Sherwood Limited Partnership by its general partner Gablecraft Sherwood G.P. Corp., Apex City Homes Limited Partnership by its general partner Apex City Homes G.P. Inc., Gablecraft 4th Ave Limited Partnership by its general partner Gablecraft 4th Ave G.P. Corp., Meadows Development Limited Partnership by its general partner Meadows GP Corp., Gablecraft 350 Latoria Limited Partnership by its general partner Gablecraft 350 Latoria GP Corp., Gablecraft 370 Latoria Limited Partnership by its general partner Gablecraft 370 Latoria GP Corp., and Gablecraft RB Homes Limited Partnership by its general partner Gablecraft RB Homes GP Corp. (referred to as “GableCraft Homes”) has been, and continues to be, committed to maintaining the privacy, accuracy, confidentiality, security and ethical use of Customers’ Personal Information.
What are our Objectives?
“CUSTOMER” is defined as any person who purchases a new home or a lot through GableCraft Homes or completes a registration card or survey form.
“PERSONAL INFORMATION” is any information relating to an identifiable Customer including, but not limited to: information in any form, contact and mailing information, employment information, credit information, building plans information, insurance information, municipal and legal description of property and personal survey information.
It also governs how third parties, acting on behalf of GableCraft Homes, handle Customer Personal Information.
Finally, it provides procedures for a Customer to access or update his or her Personal Information or make a complaint regarding the handling of his/her Personal Information.
About Online Advertisements
10 Privacy Principles
GableCraft Homes agrees to abide by these privacy principles in collecting, using and disclosing Customer Personal Information. These principles are:
Principle #1 - Accountability
GableCraft Homes is responsible for Customer Personal Information under its control.
GableCraft Homes, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Principle #2 - Identifying Purposes for Collection, Uses and Disclosure
GableCraft Homes collects, uses and discloses Customer Personal Information within the organization and with appropriate and reasonable third parties in its normal course of business and to establish and manage its relationship with Customers.
2.1 Specifically, GableCraft Homes may collect, use and disclose Customer Personal Information as follows: (“identified purposes”):
• to provide information necessary to build your home;
• to provide necessary financial information;
• to establish and maintain a buyer relationship;
• to assess and provide ongoing maintenance and customer care relating to your home;
• to register your home with The British Columbia New Home Warranty Program and
• to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
If a Customer wishes to receive a further explanation/clarification of the “identified purposes”, please contact the Privacy Officer.
We reserve the right to collate/process and disseminate statistics based on the aggregation of data held in our files, provided that information relating to any individual Customer will not be identified from the resulting analysis.
Certain GableCraft Homes Employees, Contractors and Consultants may be given access to Personal Information in so far as their duties require access for business purposes. Their access to Customer Personal Information is on a need to know basis.
Principle #3 - Obtaining Consent for Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Information
Customer knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information, except where inappropriate, or where required or permitted by law.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE CONSENT OF CUSTOMERS
3.1 In certain circumstances, Personal Information can be collected, used, or disclosed without the knowledge and consent of the Customer,
• In circumstances where consent is not required by law or pursuant to an Order of a Court. Example: detection and prevention of fraud.
FORM OF CONSENT
2. 3.3 GableCraft Homes does not sell, trade or rent its Customer Personal Information to any organization for any purpose.
1. 3.4 A Customer may withdraw consent at any time to collect, use or disclose his/her Personal Information, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and with reasonable notice.
2. 3.5 GableCraft Homes shall inform the Customer of the implications of such withdrawal, as withdrawing consent may disentitle the Customer from associated services and products. In order to withdraw consent, an individual must provide notice, in writing, to the GableCraft Homes Privacy Officer
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED PRIOR TO PRIVACY PROTECTION LEGISLATION
3.6 Personal Information collected prior to the enactment of privacy protection legislation will only be used or disclosed for purposes the information was originally collected for and in accordance with this Policy.
Principle #4 - Limiting Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information of Customers shall be limited to identified purposes.
1. 4.1 GableCraft Homes collects most Personal Information relating to Customers directly from the individuals, and occasionally from third parties such as realtors, mortgage brokers or financial institutions.
2. 4.2 Similarly, Customers’ Personal Information may be disclosed for identified purposes to appropriate and reasonable third parties such as contractors, trades, mortgage brokers or financial institutions.
Principle #5 - Retention
Personal Information shall be retained as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill identified purposes or as may be required by law.
Principle #6 - Accuracy
Personal Information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is reasonably necessary, for the purposes for which Personal Information is to be used.
6.1 It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that GableCraft Homes receives accurate complete information in a timely manner.
Principle #7 - Security Safeguards
Personal Information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. GableCraft Homes undertakes to use reasonable methods to protect the security of Personal Information in its custody and under its control, with physical, administrative and technological safeguards, as appropriate.
7.1 GableCraft Homes shall protect Personal Information disclosed to third parties by requiring third parties to sign contractual privacy agreements, protecting the information and limiting the purposes for which the information can be used.
Principle #8 - Openness Concerning Policies and Practices
GableCraft Homes shall make specific information about the principles and practices relating to its handling of Personal Information available on request.
Principle #9 – Customers’ Access to Personal Information
Upon request, a Customer is entitled to access Personal Information about them which is in the custody of or under the control of GableCraft Homes. A Customer is entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended, if appropriate.
1. 9.1 Upon a written request to the Privacy Officer, and upon presentation of satisfactory identification, GableCraft Homes shall take all reasonable steps to gather the Personal Information requested.
2. 9.2 GableCraft Homes shall reply to access requests within 45 days unless additional time has been granted by the Privacy Commissioner.
3. 9.3 GableCraft Homes shall provide a written response detailing whether access will be given to all or part of the requested Personal Information and explain the reasons for the refusal, should any part of the access request be refused.
4. 9.4 When an individual successfully demonstrates the inaccuracy or incompleteness of Personal Information, GableCraft Homes shall amend the information as required, subject to legal limitations.
Principle #10 - Challenging Compliance, Handling Customer Inquiries
A Customer shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to GableCraft Homes’ Privacy Officer.
2. 10.2 If after contacting GableCraft Homes, a Customer feels his/her concerns have not been addressed satisfactorily, GableCraft Homes will provide information on other complaint procedures that are available to the Customer, including seeking advice from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia at