Welcome home! Those words ring especially true when your new home and community reflect a lifestyle that supports you and your family to thrive and flourish.
As Real Estate Advisors who pride ourselves on exceptional customer service, we help people when looking at their options. Buying a home is the single most important financial decision you will make that affects your quality of life for years to come. We meet with customers daily at The Homestore and here is what we find are the most important reasons to buy a new home.
A master-planned community is an exceptionally well-designed collection of homes constructed by a vetted builder. These communities contain amenities that support health, wellness, and leisure, and provide convenient access to retailers, schools, and community facilities.
The community’s control over zoning and new phases of development ensures that the neighborhood develops according to the vision of the master plan. A community focused on health and wellness provides access to green spaces, playgrounds, walking and cycling trails, as well as athletic facilities for all ages. Wide, tree-lined streets, community events, and gathering places make it easy to meet and mingle with neighbours. Children build friendships that last a lifetime.
Find out more about the Royal Bay Master-planned community where GableCraft is now building.
After you have identified which community you want to live in and who the builder for your dream home is, personalizing its design and features is the next step. Personalization ensures that you build the home you want within the budget you have to work with.
When you work with a builder that has streamlined the design process, your needs and specifications are considered every step of the way. Personalization packages that offer different specialized options guide you in selecting what is best for your lifestyle and budget.
Before you move into your home, your builder will conduct regular inspections and updates to keep you in the loop. You will enjoy peace of mind knowing your home is built according to your design specifications and applicable building codes.
When you move in, you can spend your days meeting your neighbours, decorating, and accessorizing your home. Rather than worrying about the cost of fixing deficiencies. A new GableCraft Home comes with an improved Deficiency Program as well as a builder warranty and the latest safety features. In British Columbia, new homes constructed under a building permit applied for on or after July 1, 1999, are covered by mandatory third-party home warranty insurance.
If you buy a resale or older home, you take the risk of making costly repairs. Repairing a roof, or dealing with electrical or plumbing issues can set you back tens of thousands of dollars.
With a new home, you choose your finishes and features. You avoid the inconvenience of renovating after you take possession. It’s nice to know your house will be move-in ready.
Your home-buying experience extends well after you move in.
With a home in a master-planned community, you become part of a family of owners. Your builder’s service and warranty department will address your construction-related inquiries.
When you buy a re-sale or old home, you are on your own after completing final inspections and the ink dries on your signed contract.
Buying a new home could improve the return on our monetary investment as well as on your time — no more pounding the pavement in a futile search or bidding war.
The satisfaction and happiness when you first walk into your dream home make it all worth it.
Over the years, we have striven to improve our process and what GableCraft Homes offers when it comes to important components of your home – from the Deficiency Program, supplies, and resources, to standard finishes. It is so wonderful when our clients are a big part of the curation and personalization of their new home. We know it’s the little details that make the biggest difference.
Contact Tanya or Brendan to take the first step towards building your dream home at Royal Bay.
It’s a common misconception that the first step to buying a new home is searching for your ideal community or choosing the perfect floorplan to meet all of your needs, but it’s not! The first step on your journey to new home ownership is knowing your budget and what you can afford. Before you even start saving home design pictures on Pinterest or falling in love with a beautiful new community, you need to get pre-approved for a mortgage.
A mortgage pre-approval is an evaluation of your current, overall financial position. It tells you and your sales team how much money a lender is willing to grant you to purchase your new home. It’s important to keep in mind this number can change from when you get pre-approval to when you purchase your home. For example, it can increase if you have a co-signer or if your financial position improves over this time.
It’s important to understand your current financial position so you can make educated buying choices when it comes to your new home. The worst feeling is falling in love with a home and later finding out it is out of your budget. Knowing your pre-approved mortgage amount will help you and the sales team focus on homes that are within your price range.
There are many channels you can use to get pre-approved for a mortgage including, but not limited to:
All of the above sources need a few things to calculate your total debt ratio in order to start the process of a mortgage pre-approval. Some of these documents include:
We can all agree that location, size and style are crucial when building a new home; but the most important factor is your budget. Hopefully, you found this information helpful and now have more confidence about the mortgage pre-approval process and why it’s an important first step in the home buying process.
From time to time, GableCraft Homes has an existing inventory of stunning brand-new homes available for immediate sale. No waiting 7 to 9 months! We are proud to announce that for a limited time, they are featuring a wide inventory of beautiful move-in ready homes in several communities across Royal Bay in beautiful Victoria.
You might have seen or heard the term Quick Possession Homes for sale … but what exactly does a Quick Possession home actually mean?
Well, they are homes that are either move-in sooner or inventory homes that are already completed or nearing completion. From time to time, GableCraft Homes has an existing inventory of beautiful brand-new homes available for immediate sale. No waiting 7 to 9 months!
Here are a few reasons why a Quick Possession home just might be the right choice for you:
1) Convenience: Save time! This is a great advantage for those homebuyers who are relocating or need a new home fast because a Quick Possession home is ready when you are. There is little to no construction scheduling or waiting involved; if there is it is usually only a matter of a few months wait time.
2) Move-in ready: What you see is what you get. For some people, buying a new home sight unseen can be rather daunting, especially for first-time homebuyers. When you buy a Quick Possession home, you can touch and see the quality of the finishes. There are no surprises because you know exactly what you are purchasing. Having said that, sometimes, depending on the stage of construction, there is a window of opportunity to do a little customization. Just talk to one of our friendly GableCraft Homes staff to find out what possibilities exist to personalize your Quick Possession home.
3) Great incentives/upgrades: one of the best perks – besides moving in sooner – are the incentives and upgrades that may be included with a Quick Possession home. Those upgrades could incorporate fancier fixtures, cabinets and flooring, which all add up to more value for your purchase price and a better resale advantage in the future. It could also mean a discount on the purchase price.
4) Set Prices: If you are on a tight budget or concerned about overruns and need to know exactly what you will pay; Quick Possession homes are the perfect answer. Knowing upfront precisely how much your new home will cost and be assured that they won’t go over budget, can go a long way to alleviate a lot of the stress of buying a new home.
5) Peace of Mind: Like any other GableCraft Homes purchase, your Quick Possession home is still covered under our comprehensive warranties. Now, isn’t that reassuring?
With a limited number of homes available this is your chance to own your very own turnkey dream home in 2020!
Click here to view available Quick Possession homes – excellent opportunity that we believe you won’t want to miss!